DMEXCO is just around the corner, taking place at the Koelnmesse exhibition centre in Cologne on September 13th and 14th. And whereas once video was a sideshow at Europe’s media mecca, this year’s programme features plenty that will be of interest to those in video and TV advertising.
Video Ad News is an official media partner of the event, and we will be bringing you the latest thought leadership and news from the event in partnership with SpotX (Hall 8/A021-C028), IPONWEB (Hall 6/B049–C048), Videology (Hall 7/C069) and Smartclip (Hall 8/A021–C028).
Coming Soon: The Addressable TV Guide 2018
We will also be launching the first ever edition of the Addressable TV Advertising Guide at DMEXCO, which will be available both digitally and on the trade press stands around exhibition centre. The guide was produced in partnership with Smartclip, IPONWEB and Videology and looks at what is happening in Europe with regard to addressable TV advertising today.
The European Broadcaster Exchange Panel
VAN editor Vincent Flood will be moderating a panel titled “EBX – The new destination of premium video,” on day 1 at the SevenOne Media stand (D029/E028, Hall 8) at 2.30pm.
Joining him on the panel will be:
- Christoph Wahl, COO at ProSiebenSat.1
- Olivier Abecassis, Chief Digital Officer at TF1
- Paola Colombo, General Manager AdTech & Business Development at Publitalia (Mediaset)
The panel will discuss the European Broadcaster Exchange (EXB), a joint trading platform for digital video advertising designed to accommodate media agencies planning Europe-wide advertising campaigns, which was launched by the three companies earlier this year.
The Main Exhibition & Conference
This year will also see the return of the Motion Hall for a second year, where thirteen national and international media companies will present content and innovations over the course of the two days, part of a programme which also includes best practices showcases in the fields of branded content and virtual reality.
Facebook, CNN, YouTube, RTL Group and Bild will be among those on stage, presenting on recent developments in the field and advising visitors on how best to spend their media budgets. Speakers will also be available after their presentations in the Speakers’ Lounge or at their screening partners’ stands for in-depth discussions and business contacts.
Below we’ve listed the talks most relevant to our readers:
- 10.00, Seminar 6: WTF is Video Discovery? with Tatjana Biallas, Media Sales Director DACH, Taboola
- 10.00, Speakers’ Forum: Telling means selling. Ein Werkzeugkasten für gutes Storytelling mit Best-Practices von den Erklär-Experten with Friedl Wynants, Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter, explain it
- 10.15, Motion Hall: BCMA Presents…Top Trends in Branded Content with Susan Bäthge (Moderator), Andrew Canter (BCMA), Sandra Freisinger-Heinl (BCMA DACH) and Eun-kyung Park (SevenOne AdFactory)
- 11.00, Motion Hall: YouTube on Stage with Kevin Allocca and Andreas Briese (Google)
- 11.00, Start-Up Village 2: How data can lower the walled gardens’ walls with Bettina Hein, Founder and CEO, Pixability
- 11.10, Debate Hall: From big to small – and back: How to watch and brand with multichannel formats? with Anna Bager (Moderator), Yoav Arnstein (Facebook), Peter Naylor (Hulu), Jette Nygaard-Andersen (Modern Times Group) and Mike Shehan (SpotX)
- 12.00, Motion Hall: Sight, Sound & Motion: The Power of Music Videos with Kevin McGurn (Vevo)
- 12.00, Seminar 8: Brand Safety vs. Fake News and Ad Fraud: Strategien für Qualität in Online-Umfeldern with Christian Griesbach (Teads) and André Pätzold (Spiegel Media)
- 13.00, Motion Hall: National Geographic – The power of digital storytelling to change the world with Marco De Ruiter (National Geographic Partners Germany) and David Guttenfelder (National Geographic Partners)
- 13.30, Speakers’ Forum: Ehrlich und unverblümt, ein Blick hinter die Kulissen eines Start-ups, das sich ohne Fremdkapital hochge…ARBEITET…hat with Franziska Bernhard, Senior PR & Marketing Manager, Wrike.
- 14.00, Motion Hall: Reach more with Total Video with Benny Arbel (Inception), Mike Barrett (ITV), Stéphane Coruble (RTL Adconnect), Samantha Glynne (FremantleMedia), Bert Habets (RTL Group) and Christoph Krachten (Divimove)
- 15.00, Motion Hall: CNN – Invitation to the Future with Robert Bradley, Petra Malenicka and Alex Wellen (CNN)
- 16.00, Motion Hall: BILD – Schwarz, Rot, Live! Storytelling auf Deutschlands größter Medienmarke with Nuno Alves, Yvonne Beister, Stefan Betzold, Matthias Brügelmann, Nikolaus Glasmacher, Robert Heesen, Donata Hopfen, Lars Moll and Julian Reichelt (Bild)
- 17.00, Motion Hall: The Future of Live Sports on Digital with Alex Kaplan (Discovery Communications)
- 10.15, Motion Hall: Top Immersive Experiences from Brands and Media Companies with Matthias Puschmann (Vast Media)
- 10.30, Start-Up Village 1: The Evolving Landscape of Programmatic Video Exchanges with Prof. Idan Miller, CEO, Madrivo Digital
- 11.00, Motion Hall: Stories on Mobile: Experimenting with Ephemerality with Kay Hsu (Facebook)
- 11.30, Work Lab 1: Innovative Tools und Prozesse für Video-Workflows – Lösungen für die Industrie, Agenturen und Portale with Wolfgang Felix, Geschäftsführer, MoovIT
- 12.00, Motion Hall: Music, Coming to Your Senses: How Spotify Personalises Sight, Sound & Motion for Mobile-first Consumers with Marco Bertozzi (Spotify for Brands)
- 13.00, Motion Hall: Entertainment, Video and Influence: Reach a Passionate Audience with Webedia’s Leading Global Network with Nicolas John (Webedia) and Luke Stepleton (3BLACKDOT)
- 13.00, Seminar 2: YouTube – The ads you need to plan with with Alexandra Borges, Video Lead, Google Germany
- 13.45, Start-Up Village 1: How personal video can generate 95 million views in one week without media spend with Dr. Guido Derkx, CEO, StoryTEQ
- 14.00, Motion Hall: The Disney Digital Network, Dare to Dream with Disney Storytelling with Charlie Coleman, Robbie Douek and Becky Owen (The Walt Disney Company EMEA)
- 14.30, Start-Up Village 2: Future of Advertising through the lens of an AI expert with Tod Loofbourrow, CEO, ViralGains
- 15.00, Motion Hall: TV’s Tipping Point: The Convergence of Digital & TV with Rob Amram (Heineken International), Joshua Lowcock (UM Worldwide) and Peter Naylor (Hulu)
- 15.00, Seminar 1: Keine Konvergenz? Bewegtbildwerbung Cross-Screen – Neue Formate, neue Chancen with Marco Dohmen (Freewheel & BVDW), Martin Michel (Sky Media Deutschland), Michael Möller (Teads Deutschland), Jens Pöppelmann (IP Deutschland), Oliver Rosenthal (Google) and Klaus Peter Scharpf (Mindshare)
- 15.20, Congress Hall: Finding your audience in an attention economy Robert Kyncl (YouTube)
- 16.00, Motion Hall: Engaging Advertising: How to create content achieving millions of organic views without any paid media with Patrick Bales (StoYo)
- 16.05, Experience Hall: Creating Digital Content – New Formats, New Platforms, New Storytelling with Natan Edelsburg (Moderator), Kevin Allocca (Google), Christina Keller (Facebook), Melanie Mohr (YEAY) and Tom Punch (Vice Media)